Wednesday 8 October 2014

Life As a Table


I'm feeling a little undressed, I've been left like this for some time, no dinners, no friends over or even set with a casual array of nibbles, I can't explain how it feels to be so undressed.

As a table you like to have a little bit of dressing even if its a table runner, with a big bowl when the table isn't being used at meal times.

Then there is the daily dinner time, the runner remains and then the everyday placemats come out, I love the ones with the floral screen printing, with a little fringe, especially the orange ones, they match the runner and for a pop of fun the orange dot napkins with wooden napkin ring, really make me happy.

The formal dinners are my most favourite, especially the Alfresco ones, what I mean by that is a casual yet stylish table setting, with one of the black block colour runner, the white shell placemats, black napkins with cream ceramic napkin rings, the centre of the table is filled with various size and heights as well of glass vases, filled with small shells, as opposed to floral, votive candle as mood lighting, the Mateus lace design platter in stone, with matching oyster bowls in stone make an amazing table setting. Black glasses and water jug, bring another dimension of style.  It's like wearing formal attire that flows and floats, is the best way to describe how this table setting makes me feel, with a touch of a sea breeze, with the shell touches.

Now I'm feeling dressed as a table should feel, guess what?  My most favourite table dressing is at Christmas time and that's only 11 weeks away, so don't forget to dress your table it can make them feel very shy and embarrassed.

No comments:

Post a Comment